What is Covered by Home Insurance

We all know how important your home is. It's where we live, raise our families, make memories, keep our belongings, and so much more. So it's essential that you have the proper protection in place if something goes wrong.

Home Insurance is essential for any homeowner. There are different types and levels of home insurance available depending on your needs. While every home insurance policies and what they cover will vary between insurance companies there are some standards that every home insurance policy will cover.

Buildings Cover

Buildings Insurance covers the actual physical building and structure of your home. Benefits typically include:

  • Alternative Accommodation
  • Debris Removal Costs
  • Architects/Surveyors Fees
  • Purchases Interest
  • Service Pipes and Cables
  • Breakage of fixed Glass and Sanitary Fittings
  • Clean up Expenses
  • Door Locks Replacement
  • Fire Brigade Charges
  • Public Liability
  • Title Deeds

Contents Cover

Contents Insurance covers your personal belongings. Benefits typically include:

  • Audio and Audio-Visual Equipment
  • Christmas and Wedding Gifts
  • Fraudulent Use of Credit/Debit/Charge/Cheque or
  • Cash Cards
  • Freezer and Refrigerator Contents
  • Contents in the Open
  • Household Removal
  • Temporary Removal of Property
  • Title Deeds
  • Visitors and Guests’ Property
  • Home Office Equipment
  • Money
  • Loss of Oil

Building & Contents Cover

Buildings and Contents Insurance is a combination of both policies and will cover both the physical structure of your home and your personal belongings. Benefits typically all of the above in addition to:

  • Fire, Explosion, Lightning, Earthquake and
  • Thunderbolt
  • Smoke
  • Storm and flood
  • Freezing, Escape or Overflow of Water
  • Escape or Overflow of Oil from within any Plumbing or Heating System or Fixed Domestic Appliance
  • Stealing (or Attempted Stealing)
  • Impact by Aircraft, Aerial Devices or Articles Dropped from them, Rail Vehicles, Road Vehicles or Animals
  • Falling Trees and Branches
  • External Television/Radio Aerials, Masts and Satellite Dishes
  • Riot, Civil Commotion, Strikers, Locked-Out
  • Workers or Persons Taking Part in Labour Disturbances
  • Malicious damage and Vandalism
  • Subsidence or Heave of the Site


Leave a comment